Monday, February 28, 2005

I get questions!

People ask me since my appearance in the film “What the Bleep” about the almost magical world of quantum physics. When I lecture and talk to people “what kind of feedback and responses do I now get?” I’ve never been in this kind of situation before. People are cheering, standing, applauding, you know, it’s really hot for me. All I can say is I’m having a lot of fun. People seem to be responding to the phenomenon, to the information coming through so they go out in a livelier state than they were when they first come in to the lecture. So that’s basically what I seem to be getting. This quantum physics stuff, or the insights that I’ve gained about the universe and the spiritual nature of the universe and how quantum physics works seems to have a beneficial effect on people.
This response has given me some insights into our own nature. Ever since humans began to wonder and gaze at the heavens, they have taken it as matter of fact that if it is above me, it must be beyond me and therefore godlike. So we tend to see images in the stars and think of heaven as being up there. Hence our forebears took it upon themselves to build great monuments and statues depicting the gods and usually they built these monuments much larger than life size to depict the godlike structure they figures impose on human kind. Motion pictures have taken over statue building but the need to worship gods remains intact in the human spirit. Hence our gaze now turns to movie stars rather than constellations. Thus put my mug on a screen 30 feet by 30 feet or even larger and I become a godlike figure to the unconscious mind witnessing the image.
Or maybe I am just getting older and people think I know more than they do. Oh well . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger The Populist said...

Mr. Fred Alan Wolf;

I recently saw "What the Bleep do we Know?", and I was very impressed with the ideas presented. I did some internet research on you and the other scientists who added commentary to the show and I became even more interested. However, the movie asks more questions than it answers.

Dr. Satinover mentioned that Quantnum Mechanics allows for choice in the Universe. If, fundamentally, we are all one field of consciousness, how can an individual make a choice independent of that field? Who is ultimately responsible for the Universe we see, is it us, or God?

Also, during the movie various statements were made by priests, and other scientists. For instance, the priest said that whether we do this or that, there is no God waiting to punish us. Personally, I think we suffer for making the "wrong" choices, and since God is the Universe, then that is God's "punishment".

This brings up the question of moral relativity, and the difference between right and wrong. If God is the Universe, this field of existence which we percieve, how can anything be "wrong"? If, on the other hand, we are completely free to make the Universe in our image, how can anything be "wrong"?

...

June 18, 2006 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Dr. Wolf.
With gracious gratitude, I wish to thank you. You have inspired me with only five words....."You are God in disguise".
I was listening to the teachers on "The Secret" web site. You were the last one, but the most inspiring for me.Those five words sent an "understaning" throughout my entire body. It is so wondrful.....to know. I started to giggled and wanted to get up and dance. All my years of "searching" was summed up in those inspiring words! I wish for you.....all that you desire. "The Sprit" really has come over me. I have heard people speak of that.......It is "Oh, so simple". We in human form have made it.... "Oh,so hard"!
Again, with heartfelt gratitude...Love and Blessings!
Rebecca

March 16, 2007 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Definitely not Newton said...

Fred Alan Wolf,

I have watched What the Bleep Do We Know and I am shocked on how you could possibly manage to turn the interpretations of quantum mechanics into a circus.

It does not take a genius to see that there is absolutely nothing magical about quantum mechanics, when thought clearly quantum mechanics is even more intuitive than classical mechanics.

What I rally think is that if you acted on this movie and really believe the experiment done on the water molecules (which you should definitely know that all water molecules are identical H-O-H's and there is nothing colorful or spiritual about them) you should be stripped off your Ph.D. and teaching licenses.

Maybe the layman may not know but how could anyone talk about himself as a "Quantum Physicist", there is no such thing. Everybody who is working on physics uses quantum mechanics whether s/he is working on optics, high energy, solid state or condensed matter etc.

If you are aware of what you are talking about is wrong then there is a sinister reason behind it that you continue with this attitude, or else if you really believe what you are talking about then I pity you.

December 16, 2007 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home